The Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA) has its headquarters in Boca Raton, FL. plus five other cancer centers in the United States. Their motto is – “We Fight Cancer: Care That Never Quits” and their mission is just that! They use hundreds of ways to fight cancer and hire only the best to work at their facilities. CTCA serves many patients in each facility and treats many types of cancers using individual and combined treatments such as radiation, chemotherapy, surgery and immune boosting procedures. Specialists seek to find the best treatment(s) for each patient for their type of cancer. Since many of the treatments cause various side effects, they also offer remedies to help cope with symptoms.Many jobs and long-term career opportunities are available at CTCA because of the mass volume of people being treated every day. The following are just a few of the job opportunities available:
- Patient Advocate – Works with Patient Relations Department and needs to be a compassionate, caring, detail-oriented person, putting patients’ needs above all else.
- Intake Records – Keeps track of records and films for new patients which helps keep the lines of communication running smoothly with doctors and various facilities.
- Technician, Patient Care-Days – Works with a registered nurse who delegates certain duties and responsibilities for helping patients. Also helps with clerical duties.
- RN-Patient Navigator – In charge of clinical processes that families and patients need to know to determine cancer procedures needed.
- Technician, Surgical – Assists getting patients ready for surgery and keeping surgical instruments in order.
CTCA wants patients to keep their quality of life as stable as possible while going through cancer treatments and “beyond the shadow of a doubt” want to help every patient win, win, win in their fight against cancer!
— CTCA (@CancerCenter) January 30, 2018